Mobile responsive web design is all about creating websites that simply fit well on screens of all sizes and shapes. It’s an approach to web design that provides maximum compatibility by ensuring that people can use your website from any device with ease of accessibility and comfort. With the rise of mobile devices in recent years, having a mobile responsive website is a must for any kind of business. Google provides a free tool to test how easily a visitor can navigate your website on a mobile device.
Return On Investment (ROI) is a performance metric used for calculating profit gained from an investment. In current times, when people are spending a big chunk of their time every day on mobile devices, investing in a good mobile responsive web design for your business website will ensure you high ROI. That’s why, as a web design agency, we put a special focus on mobile responsiveness when designing websites such as Imagina Gaming, Laferla and Apcopay.
The rise of mobile devices has led to the trend of “multi-device-shopper”, where people browse websites on multiple devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops and desktops before making a purchase. According to Monetate Ecommerce Quarterly Report, 42% of the multi-device shoppers confirm purchases on their mobile devices, while only 36% of shoppers make the final touch from their desktop computers.
Various studies also show that majority of the consumers are less likely to engage with a business if they have a bad mobile experience. This shows that mobile responsive web design is no longer a luxury, rather it’s a necessity, as it prevents users from moving on to other similar services as yours. And it’s definitely certain that this popularity of mobile devices will only go upwards in the future, increasing the need for responsive design even further.
How does responsive web design impact ROI?
Mobile responsive web design attracts a larger portion of customers while noticeably reducing the bounce rate, which consequently increases the conversion rate of the website. IBM Digital Analytics show that 23% of online sales are driven via mobile devices while ignoring mobile responsiveness could mean losing 25% of the sales. Both of these numbers are only likely to grow in the future.
Here are some important impacts of responsive web design on ROI:
- Responsive websites have a lower maintenance cost compared to separate websites for desktop and mobile devices. It also costs comparatively less to create a mobile responsive website.
- Responsive web design has much better SEO benefits compared to non-responsive websites. This means it will provide you with more traffic and brand awareness, not to mention a high conversion rate. By ranking higher in Google, responsive websites have a chance of even doubling your ROI. To check your website’s SEO performance for free, use SEOBILITY SEO Checker.
- Responsive websites have a faster loading time, which increases customer engagement. Studies show that most people expect a website to load within 2 seconds and are likely to leave if it takes longer than 3. An average responsive website takes 2 seconds to load, which is exactly what you want. For example, here are some of the websites developed by us that prioritise a faster loading speed – Quinel, maarchitects and Helio Gaming. To check your website’s current loading speed, you can use PageSpeed Insights by Google.
- The first impression is the last impression. A well designed responsive website looks attractive on all devices, making a great first impression and hence retaining customers. Read about the role of first impressions in increasing ROI.
- Responsive websites give you far more accurate analytics by reaching customers across different devices, helping you better understand your customer demographics.
Nowadays, investing in a good mobile responsive web design is an undeniable necessity for any kind of business, as it provides much-needed reach to a wider pool of audiences. By offering a consistent cross-platform user experience, improved SEO and reduced downtime and maintenance costs, it plays a vital role in the growth of businesses.
That’s why, here at IPOINT INT., we strongly advise our clients to invest in mobile responsive websites, to help them grow their businesses. If you are looking to invest in a well designed mobile responsive website, we can help! Feel free to contact us for details.